The Essential Screenplay (3-Book Bundle) - Syd Field
Hollywood’s script guru teaches you how to write a screenplay in the ultimate three-volume guide to writing for film, featuring “the ‘bible’ of screenwriting” (The New York Times), Screenplay—now celebrating forty years of screenwriting success!
This blockbuster ebook bundle includes:
SCREENPLAY: FOUNDATIONS OF SCREENWRITING • THE SCREENWRITER’S WORKBOOK • THE SCREENWRITER’S PROBLEM SOLVER
Syd Field was “the most sought-after screenwriting teacher in the world” according to The Hollywood Reporter. His pioneering insights into structure, concept, and character launched innumerable careers. Now in one handy collection, his invaluable expertise is available to aspiring writers and working professionals alike.
The Essential Screenplaycontains Syd Field’s Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting,the industry standard for script development; The Screenwriter’s Workbook,a hands-on workshop full of practical exercises for creating successful screenplays; and The Screenwriter’s Problem Solver,a guide to identifying and fixing problems in your latest draft.
Throughout, you’ll learn:
• why the first ten pages of your script are crucially important
• how to visually “grab” the reader from page one
• what makes great stories work
• the basics of writing dialogue
• the essentials of creating great characters
• how to adapt a novel, a play, or an article for the screen
• the three ways to claim legal ownership of your work
• tips for allowing your creative self to break free when you hit the “wall”
• how to overcome writer’s block forever
Featuring expert analysis of popular films including Pulp Fiction, Thelma & Louise,and the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Essential Screenplaywill transform your initial idea into a screenplay that’s destined for success—and maybe even Cannes.
Praise for Syd Field
“The most sought-after screenwriting teacher in the world.”—The Hollywood Reporter
“Syd Field is the preeminent analyzer in the study of American screenplays.”—James L. Brooks, Academy Award–winning writer, director, producer